CET Exam 2020-21
CET Exam 2020-21: Introduction
National Recruitment Agency-Common Eligibility Test (NRA-CET) is a kind of screening/preliminary exam /or a kind of common entrance test which will be conducted by NRA (national recruitment agency) in order to shortlist the candidates for various non-technical and non-gazetted posts. NRA will bear the whole responsibility of conducting the tier-I online exam for three major government recruitment bodies:
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
- IBPS PO (Probationary officer)
- IBPS Clerk
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- SSC CGL (combined graduate level)
- SSC CHSL (combined higher secondary level)
- SSC GD (general duty)
- SSC CPO (central police organization)
- SSC Stenographer
- SSC MTS (multitasking)
- SSC Selection Post Exam
Note: All the candidates who successfully pass NRA CET will have to appear for the further stages (mains exam / tier 2 & 3 if applicable) of their respective exams which will be conducted by the respective government bodies –IBPS, SSC, Railways.
NRA CET 2020-21: At a Glance
|Name of exam
||NRA CET (National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility
||NRA (National Recruitment Agency)
|Level of Exam
|Mode of Exam
||Twice a year
||Selection of candidates for various Group-B and C non-technical posts and non-gazetted posts
|Exam Helpdesk No.
CET Exam 2020-21: Eligibility
Below mentioned are the CET Eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled in order to apply for NRA CET 2021
- Educational qualification:
This exam will be conducted at three levels –
It clearly implies that the candidates who have passed Class 10, Class 12 and graduation are all eligible to apply.
- Class 10
- Class 12
- Age limit:
An upper age limit for the exam will be considered. As per the post being applied for, the age limit will vary.
However, relaxations will be considered in the upper age limit for the candidates belonging to reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD), etc.
- Number of attempts:
There has no restriction been notified till now with respect to attempts one can take for the CET test.
CET Exam 2020-21: Important Dates
The Union Cabinet has given its consent for the creation of NRA. However, there is no clarity on the creation of the agency.
Therefore, it seems that the first NRA CET notification 2021 will get published in 2021 and only then CET date would be announced. So, you all are advised to keep visiting this section for more CET updates.
|NRA CET Exam (Events)
||NRA CET Exam Date
||To Be Announced
||NRA CET notification is likely To Be Announced in the initial months of 2021.
||To Be Announced
||NRA CET application form is likely to be out in 2021 beginning
||To Be Announced
||The first NRA CET CBT is likely to be held in 2021.
CET Exam 2020-21: Salient Features & Advantages
Go through the salient features and advantages of National Recruitment Agency CET below:
- NRA CET will be conducted with the view to screen (filter) the candidates at the first/entry level only for SSC, IBPS and RRB recruitment.
- On the basis of NRA CET score, the separate specialized tier-II/tier-III exams will be conducted by respective recruitment agencies (SSC/IBPS/RRB) and then final selection will be made accordingly.
- In a calendar year, NRA exam shall be conducted twice.
- The whole exam process including fill-up of the application form, release of admit card, announcement of result, etc. will be done online.
- Online NRA CETs for graduates, Class 12 and Class 10 candidates will be conducted separately.
- For assistance and guidance: mock tests and 24X7 helpline number will be available on the official website of NRA.
- The most important point is that, candidates will be able to schedule their tests and choose exam centre of their choice.
- The validity of NRA CET score will be for three years.
- Best available NRA CET score of three years will only be considered for selection/recruitment.
- The scores obtained in NRA CET can be shared with central government, state governments, Union Territories (UTs), Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and all private sectors.
- The biggest opportunity for the candidates through NRA CET is that they will get the opportunity to compete for many posts by appearing for just one exam.
CET Exam 2020-21: Exam Pattern
- This exam will be conducted in 12 major Indian languages including English and Hindi.
- The NRA CET question paper will consist of objective-type multiple choice questions (MCQs) only.
- NRA CET 2021 syllabus and level of difficulty will be different and according to the qualification of a candidate – Class 10, Class 12 or graduation.
First of all, we must look at some of the points of the test pattern highlighted by the government, then we will elaborate the expected NRA CET exam information.
||NRA CET Exam Pattern Highlights
|Number of papers
||3 (at the level Class 10, Class 12 and graduation)
|Mode of Exam
|Language (s) of paper
||12 major Indian languages including Hindi and English
||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
||Based on the educational qualification of a candidate – Class 10, Class 12 or graduation, whichever is applicable
If we consider the current tier-I test patterns of SSC, RRB and IBPS exams, it is highly expected that NRA CET 2020-21 exam pattern will be as follows:
||Number of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|General Awareness and General Knowledge
|Quantitative Aptitude / Numerical Ability (Maths)
|Language (English, Hindi & Regional)
CET Exam 2020-21: Syllabus
As per the existing syllabus of SSC, IBPS & Railways, the expected common eligibility test syllabus is tabulated below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning
||Alphabetical and Number Series
|Coding and Decoding
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
||Conclusions and Decision Making
||Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
||Similarities and Differences
||Punched Hole/Pattern-Folding & Unfolding
|Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
||Indian and World History
|Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
|Monuments and Places of India
|Games and Sports
||Current Affairs of National and International Importance
|Indian Polity and Governance
||General Scientific and Technological Developments
||Art and Culture of India
|Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
|Flora and Fauna of India
||United Nations and other important World Organisations
|Famous Personalities of India and World
||Flagship Government Programs
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability
|Simple and Compound Interest
||Computation of Whole Numbers
||Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
||Relationship between Numbers
||Ratio and Proportion
||Use of Tables and Graphs
|Profit and Loss
|Permutations and Combinations
|Time and Distance
||Ratio and Time
|Time and Work
|Geometry and Trigonometry
|Parts of speech
|Spot the Error
||Fill in the Blanks
|Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
||Conversion into Direct/Indirect Narration
||Spellings/Detecting Miss-Spelt Words
||Idioms and Phrases
CET Official Notification
Now that you know an overview of NRA CET 2020, you can read the Official CET 2020 Notification to know the detailed vacancy list, exam pattern & selection process, eligibility criteria, syllabus and much more as soon as it gets released.