SSC CPO Recruitment 2022
SSC CPO Recruitment 2022: Check Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Cut-offs, Salary etc.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts a national Level exam known as CPO (CPO full form is: Central Police Organization) exam. The exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates for the posts of SI (Sub-Inspector) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
The SSC CPO 2022 Notification is not yet released which will be updated here as soon as the same is notified by the commission. However, the Board had previously released the Official Notification for SSC CPO 2020-21 on June 17, 2020 for the recruitment of 1564 Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces and Delhi Police.
SSC CPO 2022: Overview
|Exam Conducting Body
||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
||Sub Inspector (SI) & Assistant Sub Inspector(ASI)
||To be notified soon
|Last Date to Apply
||To be notified soon
|Admit Card Release Date
||To be notified soon
|Mode of Exam
SSC CPO 2022 Exam Pattern
The selection process shall constitute 4 phases of recruitment which is mentioned below:
a. Paper I
b. Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET)
d. Detailed Medical Test
The questions asked in paper-1 and paper-2 will be Objective in nature in both Hindi and English languages.
SSC CPO 2022 Exam Pattern Paper I
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
|English Comprehension (EC)
Note:- There would be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer marked by a candidate on his Answer Sheet (OMR sheet).
On clearing this written examination, candidates will be eligible for appearing in the Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test.
SSC CPO Physical Requirements (PST/PET)
Only those candidates who qualify Paper I shall be eligible for appearing in the PST/PET test which will check candidate's Physical Standard and Efficiency as per below mentioned parameters.
||Height (in cm)
||Chest (in cm)
|For Male candidates, except those listed in S No(ii) and (iii)
|For Candidates belonging to Hilly areas of Garhwal,Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh& Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.
|For Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes
|For Female candidates except those listed at S No(v) and (vi)
|For Female candidates belonging to Hill areas ofGarhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley,Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim
|For all female candidates belonging to ScheduledTribes
SSC CPO Exam Pattern Paper II
The Paper-II will be 2 hours duration where candidate’s comprehension skills shall be evaluated.
||Duration of test
|English Language and Comprehension
Note: For every wrong answer marked by the candidate there would be a negative marking of 0.25 marks. Only those candidates who qualifies Paper II, shall be eligible for appearing for final round of Medical test.
SSC CPO 2022 Exam Date
The SSC CPO exam date 2022 is not yet released which shall be updated here as soon as the same is notified by the commission.
Let’s have a look on Exam Dates of the ongoing exam process for the Notification released in 2020.
|SSC CPO Notification 2022 release date
||To be announced soon
|SSC CPO 2020 Notification released on
||17th June 2020
|SSC CPO 2021 Exam Date – (Paper-1)
||23rd November 2020 to 26th November 2020
|Result Announced for Paper-1 Exam
||26th February 2021
|Result Announce for Medical Test, PET and PST
||4th June 2021
|SSC CPO 2020 Paper-2 Exam Date
||8th Nov 2021
||6th Jan 2022
How To Apply
SSC CPO 2022 Apply Online
- Applications should be submitted in online mode only through the official website, https://ssc.nic.in.
- Now click on the "Apply Online" Link under "RECRUITMENT OF SUB-INSPECTOR IN DELHI POLICE, CAPFs AND ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR IN CISF EXAMINATION, 2021-22"
- Applicants need to upload the scanned & colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50KB).
- Before final submission of the SSC CPO online form, applicants must cross check that they have filled correct details in every field of the form as after submission of the application form, no further changes/ correction/ modification shall be entertained under any circumstances.
Online Application Fee:
The Fee payable for Online Application is Rs 100/- (Rs. one hundred only).
Female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) are eligible for reservation and exempted from payment of fee.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2022
SSC CPO 2022 Syllabus Paper-I
English Comprehension: In this section, Ability of candidates in understanding English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability shall be tested.
General Intelligence and Reasoning:Questions of verbal and non-verbal type. This Component comprises Spatial Visualization, Spatial Orientation Observation, Visual Memory, Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Analogies, spatial visualization, judgment, problem-solving, similarities & differences, discrimination, decision-making, visual memory, relationship concepts, arithmetic number series, as well as figural classification, etc.
General Awareness: Questions shall be designed for testing general awareness of the environment & its Application to society. Also, knowledge of current events shall be checked. The test also contains Questions based on India as well as its neighbouring countries along with History based questions.
Numerical Aptitude:Questions will be formulated in a way to judge the sense of the candidates & their ability to use numbers well. The topics shall include Whole numbers, Partnership, Ratio and Proportion, Fractions, Time and Work, Square roots, decimals, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Mixture & Allegation, Interest, Time & distance, Averages, Discount etc.
SSC CPO 2022 Syllabus Paper-II
English Language and Comprehension:Questions will be asked to check the basic understanding of English language which includes error detection questions, synonyms, antonyms, Active & passive voice, spelling, para jumbles, fill in the blanks, etc.
SSC CPO Previous Year Cutoffs
Cut-off is a minimum score/marks that an applicant must acquire in order to be eligible for entering into next rounds of the selection process.
Let’s go through the SSC CPO 2020 CutOff for male and female candidates.
SSC CPO 2020 Cut Off (Paper I)
|Cut Off (Males)
|Cut Off (Females)
SSC CPO 2019 Cut Off (Paper I)
|Cut Off (Males)
|Cut Off (Females)
Delhi Police (Departmental Candidates) Cut Off 2019
|Cut Off (Males)
|Cut off (Ex-Servicemen)
Let’s checkout Year wise cut-offs of SSC CPO exam for Male candidates via below table:
SSC CPO Cut off (Year Wise)
SSC CPO Vacancy 2022
The vacancies for SSC CPO 2022 are not released yet, which shall be updated here as soon as the same is notified by the commission. However, SSC had announced 1564 vacancies for SSC CPO 2020-21 exam which are mentioned below:
||No of Vacancies
||Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF)
||Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Male)
||Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Female)
Salary & Job Profile:
SSC CPO Salary 2022
The salary structure of SSC CPO for the posts has been designed as per the 7th pay commission.
||Grade Pay (In INR)
||SSC CPO Salary (Post wise)
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male/ Female)
|Sub Inspector in CAPF
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF
SSC CPO Perks and Allowances
Apart from salary, SSC CPO employees are also eligible for certain Perks and allowances as per their designation.
• Dearness Allowance (DA)
• House Rent Allowance (HRA)
• Transport Allowance (TA)
• Diet allowance/Ration Money
• Uniform Allowance
• Children Education Allowance/Hostel subsidy
• Risk /Hardship Allowance
SSC CPO Job Profile 2022
SSC CPO Job Profile for SI
After clearing all the rounds of selection procedure of SSC CPO exam, candidates shall be appointed as an SI (Sub Inspector) either with Delhi Police, CAPF or as ASI in CISF.
Let’s discuss about the Force wise Job Profile of SSC CPO employees:
The CAPF is a combination of the following forces:
1. CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
2. SSB (Seema Suraksha Bal)
3. BSF (Border Security Force)
4. ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police)
5. CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
• Major responsibility includes providing safety & security to PSUs and other important government infrastructure projects, industrial units etc.
• Also, in most cases, CISF Constables are made in-charge for security at all commercial airports throughout India.
• The Special Security Group (SSG) is responsible for providing security to the members nominated by the Home Ministry of India.
Sahastra Seema Bal (SSB)
The responsibilities of SSB are mentioned below
• To continuously monitor and prevent any kind of cross-border terrorism, and other illegal encroachments/activities.
• Responsible for protecting Borders such as Indo – Nepal, and Indo – Bhutan borders.
Border Security Force (BSF)
The nature of duties of a BSF personnel are mentioned below:
• Responsible for protecting Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
• Need to perform Anti-infiltration duties.
• To prevent any unauthorized entry and exit from the territory of India.
• Responsible for preventing illegal activities such as smuggling etc. across the Border.
• Also, BSF personnel are required to gather trans-border intelligence.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
The nature of duties of a ITBP personnel includes:
• Protecting the border area between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh) region.
• To check illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
• To restore and maintain peace, law and order in the area of disturbance.
• Monitoring the northern area borders, detection & prevention of any kind of border violations.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
• It is responsible for looking after the internal security matters of India and it also operates in foreign nations as a part of Indian Peace Keeping.
• Their responsibility varies from VIP security to election duties, handling of counter-Naxal operations etc.
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria 2022
SSC CPO Nationality:
The applicant needs to be either
• A citizen of India
• Or a Subject of Nepal/Bhutan/Tibetan Refugee/Person of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
SSC CPO age limit:
Applicant’s age must lie between 20 to 25 years, for being eligible for SSC CPO Exam.
Candidates belonging to reserved categories shall be given certain Age Relaxations as per the government rules:
||3 years after deduction of the military servicerendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
|Widows, divorced women and women judiciallyseparated from their husbands and who are not re-married.
||Up to 35 years of age
|Widows, divorced women and women judiciallyseparated from their husbands and who are not re-married. (SC/ ST)
||Up to 40 years of age
|Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who haverendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as onclosing date
||Up to 30 years of age
|Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered notless than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
||Up to 33 years of age
|Departmental candidates (SC/ ST) who have renderednot less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
||Up to 35 years of age
SSC CPO Education Qualification
1. The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised College/University.
2. Candidates applying for the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male), must possess a valid DL (Driving License) for LMV (Motorbike and Car), on the day fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they might not be allowed to undergo PET/PST (Physical Endurance and Standard Tests).
Note: Applicants not acquiring the essential qualifications will not be eligible for appearing in the exam.