NRA CET 2021: What is CET exam, Know about Expected Exam Pattern, Eligibility etc.
National Recruitment Agency-Common Eligibility Test (NRA CET) is a kind of screening/preliminary exam /or a kind of common entrance test which will be conducted by NRA (national recruitment agency) in order to shortlist the candidates for various non-technical and non-gazetted posts. NRA will bear the whole responsibility of conducting the tier-I online exam for three major government recruitment bodies:
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
- IBPS PO (Probationary officer)
- IBPS Clerk
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- SSC CGL (combined graduate level)
- SSC CHSL (combined higher secondary level)
- SSC GD (general duty)
- SSC CPO (central police organization)
- SSC Stenographer
- SSC MTS (multitasking)
- SSC Selection Post Exam
Note: All the candidates who successfully pass NRA CET will have to appear for the further stages (mains exam / tier 2 & 3 if applicable) of their respective exams which will be conducted by the respective government bodies –IBPS, SSC, Railways.
Latest Update related to NRA CET 2022
As per the latest Update on 06 Jul 2021, Union minister Mr. Jitendra Singh announced that the Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Candidates shall be conducted in every district of the country from early 2022.
He also said this unique initiative which was undertaken with the personal intervention of India’s Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, to screen and shortlist candidates for recruitment to central government jobs was previously scheduled before the end of 2021, but was likely to get delayed on account of the ongoing pandemic.
The Central Government has kickstarted its preparation for conducting Common Eligibility Test (CET) for recruitment of Candidates in Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Railway Recruitment Board and Banking Sector Jobs. With the formation of National Recruitment Agency (NRA) for conducting the recruitment examination on behalf of the government, Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations has been appointed for this. On behalf of the Central Government, IAS Sanjeeb Kumar Mishra of 1997 batch of Orissa cadre has been appointed as Secretary-cum-Controller of Examination, National Recruitment Agency (NRA) under the Department of Personnel & Training. He is going to hold the post from the date of assumption of the charge for a tenure of five years or until further orders, whichever is earlier against this newly created post, an official notification of the Central Government said.
NRA CET 2021: At a Glance
|Name of exam
||NRA CET (National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility
||NRA (National Recruitment Agency)
|Level of Exam
|Mode of Exam
||Twice a year
||Selection of candidates for various Group-B and C non-technical posts and non-gazetted posts
|Exam Helpdesk No.
|NRA Official Website
||Not declared yet (will be updated after creation)
NRA CET Exam Eligibility 2021
Below mentioned are the CET Eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled in order to apply for NRA CET 2021
- Educational qualification:
This exam will be conducted at three levels –
It clearly implies that the candidates who have passed Class 10, Class 12 and graduation are all eligible to apply.
- Class 10
- Class 12
- Age limit:
An upper age limit for the exam will be considered. As per the post being applied for, the age limit will vary.
However, relaxations will be considered in the upper age limit for the candidates belonging to reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD), etc.
- Number of attempts:
There has no restriction been notified till now with respect to attempts one can take for the CET test.
NRA CET Exam Date 2021: Important Dates
The Union Cabinet has given its consent for the creation of NRA. As per the Union Minister Mr. Jitendra Singh, the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) for conducting Common Eligibility Test has been constituted with the approval of the Union Cabinet.
Therefore, the first NRA CET notification 2021 will get published in early 2022 and only then CET date would be announced. So, you all are advised to keep visiting this section for more CET exam 2021 updates.
|NRA CET Exam 2021 (Events)
||NRA CET Exam Date
|NRA Vacancy 2021
||To Be Announced
||NRA CET exam notification is likely to be announced in the session 2021–2022.
||To Be Announced
||NRA 2021 application form is likely to be out in the session 2021-2022
||To Be Announced
||The first NRA CET CBT is likely to be held in session 2021-2022.
NRA CET Exam 2021: Salient Features & Advantages
Go through the salient features and advantages of National Recruitment Agency CET below:
- NRA recruitment 2021 will be conducted with the view to screen (filter) the candidates at the first/entry level only for SSC, IBPS and RRB recruitment.
- On the basis of NRA CET score, the separate specialized tier-II/tier-III exams will be conducted by respective recruitment agencies (SSC/IBPS/RRB) and then final selection will be made accordingly.
- In a calendar year, CET NRA exam shall be conducted twice.
- The whole exam process including fill-up of the NRA CET application form 2021, release of admit card, announcement of result, etc. will be done online.
- Online NRA CETs for graduates, Class 12 and Class 10 candidates will be conducted separately.
- For assistance and guidance: mock tests and 24X7 helpline number will be available on the official website of NRA.
- The most important point is that, candidates will be able to schedule their tests and choose exam centre of their choice.
- The validity of NRA Common Eligibility Test 2021 will be for three years.
- Best available NRA CET score of three years will only be considered for selection/recruitment.
- The scores obtained in NRA test can be shared with central government, state governments, Union Territories (UTs), Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and all private sectors.
- The biggest opportunity for the candidates through NRA CET is that they will get the opportunity to compete for many posts by appearing for just one exam.
NRA CET 2021: Expected Exam Pattern
- This exam will be conducted in 12 major Indian languages including English and Hindi.
- The NRA CET question paper will consist of objective-type multiple choice questions (MCQs) only.
- The NRA syllabus and level of difficulty will be different and according to the qualification of a candidate – Class 10, Class 12 or graduation.
First of all, we must look at some of the points of the test pattern highlighted by the government, then we will elaborate the expected NRA CET exam information.
||NRA CET Exam Pattern Highlights
|Number of papers
||3 (at the level Class 10, Class 12 and graduation)
|Mode of Exam
|Language (s) of paper
||12 major Indian languages including Hindi and English
||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
||Based on the educational qualification of a candidate – Class 10, Class 12 or graduation, whichever is applicable
If we consider the current tier-I test patterns of SSC, RRB and IBPS exams, it is highly expected that NRA CET 2021 exam pattern will be as follows:
||Number of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|General Awareness and General Knowledge
|Quantitative Aptitude / Numerical Ability (Maths)
|Language (English, Hindi & Regional)
NRA CET Syllabus 2021
As per the existing syllabus of SSC, IBPS & Railways, the expected common eligibility test syllabus is tabulated below:
General Intelligence & Reasoning
||Alphabetical and Number Series
|Coding and Decoding
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
||Conclusions and Decision Making
||Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
||Similarities and Differences
||Punched Hole/Pattern-Folding & Unfolding
|Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
||Indian and World History
|Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
|Monuments and Places of India
|Games and Sports
||Current Affairs of National and International Importance
|Indian Polity and Governance
||General Scientific and Technological Developments
||Art and Culture of India
|Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
|Flora and Fauna of India
||United Nations and other important World Organisations
|Famous Personalities of India and World
||Flagship Government Programs
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability
|Simple and Compound Interest
||Computation of Whole Numbers
||Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
||Relationship between Numbers
||Ratio and Proportion
||Use of Tables and Graphs
|Profit and Loss
|Permutations and Combinations
|Time and Distance
||Ratio and Time
|Time and Work
|Geometry and Trigonometry
|Parts of speech
|Spot the Error
||Fill in the Blanks
|Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
||Conversion into Direct/Indirect Narration
||Spellings/Detecting Miss-Spelt Words
||Idioms and Phrases
NRA CET 2021 Notification
Now that you know an overview of NRA CET 2021, you can read the Official CET 2021 Notification to know the detailed vacancy list, exam pattern & selection process, eligibility criteria, syllabus and much more as soon as it gets released.